The Southern Museum of Civil War & Locomotive History has been shaped and immeasurably enriched by thoughtful donors and benefactors. You can help support the continued growth of the Museum’s educational programs, community events, and collection in a variety of ways.
The Kennesaw Museum Foundation, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax deductible.
You can support the Museum through:
- Gifts-in-kind (artifacts, rare books, photographs, manuscripts, maps, and archives)
- Foundation and corporate gifts
- Memorial and celebratory gifts
- Bequest and beneficiary designations
- Life-income gifts
- Gifts of securities Please contact us for more information:
- Monetary Donations: email@example.com
- Artifact Donations: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you become a Southern Museum member, you get unlimited free admission for a year! In addition, you receive:
- 20% discount on Museum shop purchase
- Invitations to attend exclusive member events
- Free admission to our educational programs, including Mommy & Me and Homeschool Workshop
- Annual subscription to The Telegraph, the newsletter of the Southern Museum
- Access the Railroad Education Center Library and Archives, by appointment
Smithsonian Affiliate Add-On ($25) includes:
- One-year subscription to Smithsonian (11 issues) magazine – a $48 value!
- A personalized Smithsonian membership card
- 10% discount on all Smithsonian Folkways Recordings
- Free admission to the Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum in New York City
- 10% discount on all IMAX tickets at the Smithsonian
- Online benefits from the Smithsonian with insider access and special opportunities
- Member discount on The Great Courses
- Reciprocal admission benefits at participating Smithsonian Affiliates
For questions, please contact email@example.com.
Engrave a Brick
Etch your name in history
Commemorative bricks support the future of the Southern Museum while letting you become a part of history.
Honor your children, parents, grandparents, favorite sports team…you name it!
For $100, you can have a brick engraved and installed on the front walkway of the Southern Museum and support the Kennesaw Museum Foundation.
The Southern Museum is always looking for volunteers, ages 18 and up, to help create exciting and educational experiences for visitors. Volunteers are integral to the continued success of the Museum and provide a valuable service to the Museum and the community at large.
Volunteer opportunities exist with curatorial, library and archives, education, special events, and our gift shop. We also welcome people with carpentry experience to assist with special projects as needed.
In addition to the satisfaction of working at a world-class Museum and meeting people who share a love of history and the community, volunteers will receive a FREE annual membership to the Museum that includes:
- Unlimited free admission for one year
- 20% discount on Museum shop purchases
- Invitation to exclusive members-only events
- Subscription to Museum newsletter
- Opportunities to participate in continuing education trips and lectures
For additional information or inquiries, contact our Tour and Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-427-2117 ext. 3169.